Monday, August 20, 2012

Yellowstone (South Loop)

Today we drove the southern loop of the "figure eight" in Yellowstone. Our first stops were to see both the upper and lower falls at "The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone". On our way to Yellowstone Lake we saw several herds of buffalo. There was no way to count them all, but I would say that we saw at least 500. Big Sister was most excited to see several baby buffalo. Our last stop before the lake was to check out the mud volcano. Both littles napped on the way back through the park. We decided to make one last stop at Firehole Falls, where we found a fun looking swimming hole. Big Sister decided the water was too cold for her (the 70 degree overcast weather didn't make me want to jump in either), but John decided to go for a swim. Unfortunately, in the cold water his wedding band fell off. He and a few good samaritans tried to find it, but the water was too deep.

On a lighter note, here's a funny story from this morning. I picked out the kids' clothes, and while I was getting ready John got them both dressed. As he was putting on Big Sister's pants, he asked me if he had the right ones. I only half way looked up, because I was certain they were. A few minutes later, I came to the front of the motorhome to see quite a funny site! Big Sister had on Little Bud's 6 month baby jeans! They were a bit snug and more like capris, but John was able to get them buttoned and everything. She never even complained. Too bad I didn't think to take a picture. I guess Big Sister was playing with her clothes, and hid her pants. There's never a dull moment with her around!








No comments:

Post a Comment