Friday, September 13, 2013

It's Finally Here!!!

This afternoon when John gets home from work, we'll begin our journey to the most magical place on earth!  We're hoping to drive at least 4 hours tonight so that we only have about 5 hours to drive tomorrow. Fort Wilderness lets you check in as early as 1:00 pm, so we're hoping to pull in right about them. Yesterday the packing extravaganza began.  This trip requires A LOT of stuff!  I normally like to pack the bare minimum (I hate unpacking!!), but this time I felt like it would be better to have too much than not enough.  I ordered cases of all of the kids favorite snacks from Amazon (I'm sure our UPS delivery guy thinks we've completed our Christmas shopping early this year!  Although, I wish that was true!!).  We've had piles of trip "stuff" in the house for a few weeks, so I'm glad that we've finally been able to move everything out into the Motorhome.  Clutter is NOT my friend!  

I made little Disney welcome bags for the kids (with Mickey/Minnie pajamas, their autograph books, Mickey water bottles and Big Sister's also has a princess lunch box to take snacks/drinks into the park with us.).  I'm planning to put the bags on their beds as we go to explore the campground the first day.  

We decided to buy our City Mini Double stroller after our last trip to Disney.  Of all the double strollers we saw (and there were many!), it seemed to be the best size, have the best maneuverability and fold up the easiest.  They are not cheap, so I stalked Craigslist for months until I found one in great shape and at a great price.  We've already gotten a lot of use out of it, and for the next 2 weeks it will be our official "Disney Mobile".  I did recently buy a set of cup holder/snack holders for the stroller, since it was lacking in that department.  I also bought a set of hand holders that attach directly to the stroller for when Big Sister wants to walk.  In a place as big as Disney, I don't want to take any chances!  We're also taking our little back pack leash in case Little Bud decides to start walking on the regular while we're there.

So, I would say we are officially ready to go (aside from the fact I still have a bit of packing to accomplish)!

Welcome Bags

Parade Packs (in hopes of avoiding multiple purchases of $15 light up balloons!)

Disney Mobile
complete with cup holders and detachable Kavu bag for bringing with us on rides (thanks Jamie!)

Big Sister's Minnie dress and ears

Little Bud's Disney Shirts

Big Sister's Princess Bows

No comments:

Post a Comment