Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Accident

About 10 weeks ago the kids and I were in a car accident.  Thankfully everyone is okay (I'm so glad I've never considered price as a factor in making car seat decisions - safety first!!).   John's sweet cousin was unfortunately with us.  I hate that she had to experience the accident, but she was such a huge help!  She calmed the kids down when I was freaking out and kept them calm and entertained until John's mom could get there to take them back to her house.  She is such a sweet girl (as is her sister), and I'm so thankful to have them both in our kids' lives!

The bad news is that the guy who ran the stop sign and hit us didn't have valid insurance AND he fled the scene of the accident.  Later we found out he had multiple warrants out for his arrest.  At first it looked like his insurance was valid, but after a week of frustrating phone calls, Geico  finally told us that his insurance officially lapsed because of non payment the day BEFORE he hit us (of course!!!).  We then filed the claim with our insurance (and had to pay the $1000 deductible!) and thought it would be clear sailing from there.  No. Such. Luck.  I think we have the worst agent in the history of all Alfa agents.  Ever.  And our insurance adjuster wasn't any better.  After 2 months of frustration, we finally got the van back about 2 weeks ago, only to discover at our routine 30,000 mile maintenance appointment that there was an additional electrical problem that needed to be fixed.  A week and several additional frustrating phone calls later (thankfully John handled this go around for me; I will seriously never call our agent's office again - which is why we're getting our account moved to another office!) the van is officially fixed (keeping our fingers crossed!).

The good news is that I was able to drive John's car for 10 weeks while the van was in the shop (John was able to drive an extra company car).  So, at least we had transportation, but I have to say the whole experience was one of the most aggravating frustrations I've ever endured.  The end.

Sadness!!

Much better!!

The kids were so happy to have their beloved NeedToBreathe CD back :) Little Bud was excited to have his baby mirror back too, he kept grinning at his cute little self after I buckled him in ;) 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment