Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas List

A few weeks ago I asked Big Sister what she was going to ask Santa to bring her for Christmas.  Several Christmases ago she never mentioned asking Santa for anything until Christmas Eve, when she stated that Santa was bringing her a baby doll and a dinosaur, and there was a mad scramble to fulfill the wish - I'll be forever grateful to my parents and Jamie for pulling us through that one, and since I have no desire to repeat that last minute panic, I decided to ask her ahead if time.  After some deliberation, she asked for grown up binoculars (it took me a while to understand her description - she kept saying something about balls that you look through that have Mickey Mouse on them, and I was super confused until I remembered the toy binoculars we bought her at Disney on Ice!).  

She's been into "writing" notes for people lately, and has constantly been raiding my envelope stash, so the other day she also mentioned wanting her own colored envelopes.  

So, I guess she's a simple girl.  Binoculars and colored envelopes is a totally doable list!  

Big Sister has spent a lot of time lately crafting gifts for those she loves.  She's also helped us shop for and wrap gifts for our friends and family members.  I think she's just as excited about giving gifts as she is about receiving gifts this Christmas.  She makes my heart happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment