Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Long Break

It's been a year and a half since I last posted to our little blog.  Around that time I realized that it would be very difficult to make memory books from our blog posts, which was one of the main motivating factors in starting to blog in the first place. After a few very frustrating hours spent online I discovered that to make an album from the blog I would have to upload every single picture again.  It seemed like too big of a task, and I got discouraged.

This summer I set a lofty goal to get our family photo albums up to date. The last album I completed was for 2011!!!  So, after a ridiculous amount of hours spent uploading pictures (if you're thinking of switching to AT&T as an Internet provider - just say no!!  Their upload speeds are aggravatingly slow...), I'm so happy to have met my goal!!  2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 are properly documented!!  Yay!  My plan is to simply transfer the written part of the blog into a document that I can print out and keep in a little notebook.  

As I worked on our photo books, I loved re-reading all of our family memories. There were so many things I would have completely forgotten about if I hadn't taken the time to type them up.  So, all of that to say, I've decided to start blogging again as a way to document our family moments. This time around I'll include a lot less pictures, since uploading twice (once for the blog and again for a family memory book), seems a little silly. There will be some pictures though- to keep the grandparents and great grandparents happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment