Sunday, January 19, 2014

Party Animals!

To celebrate the new year, we headed out straight away (as Big Sister would say) on the morning of January 1st to Chuck E. Cheese!!  I normally am not a fan of Chuck E's, but a new location opened in our area a while back, and we thought New Year's morning might be less crowded than normal, so we decided to give it a go.

The kids and I met up with Papa, Grams, Jamie and 2 of the littles' cousins, and had a great time playing games and collecting tickets.  Papa bought $30 in tokens, and 4 kids and a few adults played for about 2 hours, which in this day and time is pretty cheap entertainment.  

Before finishing off their fun by chowing down on some pizza, the kids spent their tickets on trinkets.  Big Sister melted my heart when she bought her brother a Dino car toy for 200 tickets and then got herself a mini princess wand with the 50 tickets she had left.  The ticket counter lady gave her a little purple frog because she also thought Big Sister was so sweet!  There are plenty of moments where I question my parenting abilities, but in moments like those my heart is encouraged.  





No comments:

Post a Comment